OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

compiling OOo under WinXP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twillems

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: compiling OOo under WinXP Reply with quote

Hi all,

Recently I filed a bug with the OOo Issue Tracker (issue 57085).The issue was a complete crash of OOo Writer when making real use of templates. This has now been fixed, according to the Issue Tracker Very Happy (http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=57085). According to the Issue Tracker (correct me if I'm wrong) the fix should be incorporated in OOo 2.0.1 which will probably be released in 3 weeks time.

Now, the question is: is there any way to use an updated version of OOo now, before OOo 2.0.1 is actually released? I know I can get the latest snapshot of the source code through CVS. Will I need to recompile OOo completely (I guess that will take a LOT of time)?

Any ideas? I'm writing my PhD in OOo but this bug keeps popping up... Thanks!
9point9

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some builds on ftp.linux.cz which may have the fix in. No one is really sure what they are towards 2.0.1 and they're not official. I would expect release candidate builds before 2.0.1 which will be very soon. I'd give them a try when they come out.

OOoSVN, change control for OOo documents:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ooosvn/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: