OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

OOo2.0 on MacOSX 10.3.9 Trouble adding printers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billsey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: OOo2.0 on MacOSX 10.3.9 Trouble adding printers Reply with quote

I just purchased a new hard drive last night and I've been getting everything set up on it. I installed the X11 package before attempting to run OpenOffice.org 2.0.0rc3. It opens fine, and it seems to run fine, and all of the fonts seem to be available, but I can't get it to add a printer. I can go through the entire spadmin sequence and while I'm in that sequence everything appears to be fine, but when I leave spadmin—whether I click the close button or just close the window directly—I'm stuck with no option except "GENERIC PRINTER". I'm trying to add one postscript printer (HP LaserJet 4MP) and one non-postscript printer (Epson Stylus Photo R300). It even shows me the proper commandlines for each printer and names them as I want them named, and I can even print a testpage to the LaserJet from spadmin (I haven't tried with the R300 yet), but once I leave spadmin they're gone, as though nothing got saved during my spadmin session. I have noticed that there is no button to command spadmin to save the settings I have just created, and there is no error message regarding either permissions or write errors.
If a person has—whether they knew it or not—already rejected the truth, by what means do they discern a lie? How do you know something's a lie without first knowing the truth? What do you compare it to?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: