OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Why can't I see the graphic inserted in a text document?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dpm929

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Why can't I see the graphic inserted in a text document? Reply with quote

When I insert a graphic from file in an open office text document (I'm using version 1.1.5), I see the graphic box with an icon representing a broken or corrupt image followed by the name GRAPHIC 1 inside the box. If I do a print preview the graphic shows up fine on screen, or when printing it shows up on the page fine. Also if I right click on the box representing the graphic and select ImageMap editor it shows there fine or if I select graphics after right clicking on the image, I can see the image fine when I select the graphics or crop tabs. Is this a setup issue or a known bug or only happening on my PC? Any help would be appreciated. I searched the web for an answer but I couldn't find one.
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Why can't I see the graphic inserted in a text document? Reply with quote

dpm929 wrote:
When I insert a graphic from file in an open office text document (I'm using version 1.1.5), I see the graphic box with an icon representing a broken or corrupt image followed by the name GRAPHIC 1 inside the box. If I do a print preview the graphic shows up fine on screen, or when printing it shows up on the page fine. Also if I right click on the box representing the graphic and select ImageMap editor it shows there fine or if I select graphics after right clicking on the image, I can see the image fine when I select the graphics or crop tabs. Is this a setup issue or a known bug or only happening on my PC? Any help would be appreciated. I searched the web for an answer but I couldn't find one.

It is possible that your settings for this are not to show the graphic. I get a slightly different icon in OOo 2.0 but it sounds similar.
Try Tools>Options>OpenOfficeWriter>View and check to see if Display Graphics and Object is checked or not.
dpm929

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: Why can't I see the graphic inserted in a text document? Reply with quote

That was too easy Smile Thanks jrkrideau that was it. Thanks again, I thought I looked everywhere.
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Why can't I see the graphic inserted in a text document? Reply with quote

dpm929 wrote:
That was too easy Smile Thanks jrkrideau that was it. Thanks again, I thought I looked everywhere.

OOo has a lot of things hidden under Tools>Options. Consider it the first suspect when something does not seem to work or when you want to make some drastic changes to how things are done Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: