OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

creating a chart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myotis
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: creating a chart Reply with quote

I have just downloaded OOo2, and I seem to be missing the obvious in trying to make a chart.

I am choosing Insert | Chart which gives me a dialog box called "autoformat chart" with a field to insert a range, but there is nothing else in the dialog box.

So even when the range information is entered, there is nowhere to click OK or indeed do anything.

The tutorial I found suggests that this dialog box should contain some options beyond the single field that allows you to enter the range.

This is on WIN2000 SP4

Have I missed the obvious, or is there a problem here.

Many thanks,

Graham
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: creating a chart Reply with quote

myotis wrote:
I have just downloaded OOo2, and I seem to be missing the obvious in trying to make a chart.

I am choosing Insert | Chart which gives me a dialog box called "autoformat chart" with a field to insert a range, but there is nothing else in the dialog box.

So even when the range information is entered, there is nowhere to click OK or indeed do anything.

The tutorial I found suggests that this dialog box should contain some options beyond the single field that allows you to enter the range.

This is on WIN2000 SP4

Have I missed the obvious, or is there a problem here.

Many thanks,

Graham

It sounds to me as if there is a problem there. This is what I get when I do Insert >Chart
http://ca.geocities.com/jrkrideau/images/chart.png . Does it look anything like what you are getting?
myotis
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: creating a chart Reply with quote

[/quote]It sounds to me as if there is a problem there. This is what I get when I do Insert >Charthttp://ca.geocities.com/jrkrideau/images/chart.png . Does it look anything like what you are getting?[/quote]

Thanks

Same sized dialog box but the only thing in it is the range field, the rest is just grey.

Actually, it is now also crashing when I choose the help on the menu.

I think I will try re-installing it.

Graham
myotis
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a re-install seems to have fixed this, I also now have icons on the tool bar, on the previous install, I only had word descriptions on the toolbars and no icons.

I did think this rather odd, but thought this was maybe how OOo did it.

So for whaterver the resaon, it seems I had a faulty install.

Thanks for your help,

Graham
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: