OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

XML FORMS - PLEASE HELP AN ULTRA BEGINNER!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
levi45

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: XML FORMS - PLEASE HELP AN ULTRA BEGINNER!! Reply with quote

hello..

i can use a PC & a few programs from practice.. but understand very little about them..

the problem is i have to use XFORMS.. for the past few months i used adobe acrobat professional to create forms (convert from word and then add fields, validated them, added some SIMPLE scripts etc..nothing special..) i have no idea what people write about on forums.. in each subject of most threads i understand less than half the words used..
this gives you an idea of who youre dealing with..apart from these problems which will haunt me for life, i also have big ears just to make things worse.

i need to find somewhere which will help me create a form (in understandable english if possible) simple things like 'to create a field with a label click on the icon which looks like a field with a label' or something similar

a normal day at work: i spend half my day trying to understand what im reading on websites, and the rest of the day thinking how nice it would be if i was dead (i even plan my suicide while at my desk but unfortunately never go through with it.)

today i tried to create a field which will have a caption / label.. imagine a field that says NAME and then a blank space for a user to type in his name! __________ all i was able to do was make 2 text fields, a readonly one with default text that said "NAME" and a blank one, not readonly with no value..is this the way its done or am i stupider than i look?

if i want a rectangle around 3 fields.. do i have to create a blank readonly field around the 3 fields with a border (which id have to move every time i want to edit one of the fields inside it)? or is there the option of drawing a rectangle etc?

something else.. in my more pleasant past i could drag a button on to my form .. in properties choose mouseUp and write resetForm() which when clicked would reset the fields!! pretty cool huh?

all i can do on this is make something that looks like a reset button but does nothing.

could someone please tell me how a reset button would be created? or maybe point me in the direction where there is a tutorial for people who should still be in kindergarten on how to create a reset button / how to create a field , a submit button & a reset button?

something else: when i hear the word binding, i think of books, folders etc..i cannot grasp the meaning of it here.....does every field have to be bound to something? i really really do not understand whats the need of this thing! is the point to take values from somewhere else and fill in the field with the value of the thing that the field is bound to? is that everything? or does it do something else too?

thank you whoever can help me!
decastro
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can visit this site for XForms beginners : http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/dancer/20050421?catname=%2FStarOffice

Cheers!
Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: