OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Installation problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:33 am    Post subject: Installation problem Reply with quote

I downloaded the file, unzipped it, but when I click on setup, it looks like the program is being "unpackaged" but then nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: I get the same thing Reply with quote

Are you using windows XP?
maritishot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Installation problem Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I downloaded the file, unzipped it, but when I click on setup, it looks like the program is being "unpackaged" but then nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
When you unzip the file, OOo is still compressed. The zip file is just to put a million files into one package for easy downloading. I just installed 1.1.0 yesterday and that's the first thing you see when you run the setup. It might take a while but eventually the setup program should come up. What are your computer's specs? Maybe it's just a slow computer and will take extra long.

Jim
Gabor
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:52 pm    Post subject: Only unpackeged first Reply with quote

First you will find the million files in a separate folder. Among them, almost at the bottom, theres is a setup.exe file.
Find it and double-click. Setup will start.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: