OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

How to create hyperlink from cell value of text type?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ped
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: How to create hyperlink from cell value of text type? Reply with quote

I have in a column cells with calculated text values like "http://domain.there/script.php?id=ID_NUMBER"
Can I automaticallly produce another column with those texts as hyperlinks, so they will be "clickable"? (or change this column to work as hyperlink, doesn't matter...)

I did check Format/Cells menu, but it doesn't look like there is some simplyfied "hyperlink" format for cells, and checking Insert/hyperlink did look like there's no way to automate this process.

Thanks for ideas. It's not very important for me right now, so don't spend too much time with this, but it would be simply nice to know.
ms777
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

if you are working under OO 2.0, use the HYPERLINK() function. Otherwise, have a look at http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=18783

Good luck,

ms777
Ped
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: thank you Reply with quote

works like charm. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: