OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

post-OOo2 versions don't perform my own macros

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gabor
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: post-OOo2 versions don't perform my own macros Reply with quote

I have a lot of macros besides those included. These all work fine in OOo1 and OOo2 but in all versions after that (even in today's 2.0.1rc1) just one of them can be performed (no matter which one) and after that I get a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark and the following text:

com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeExceptionScriptProtocolHandler::createScriptProvider(),

The text is always the same.
The built in macros work, but my own ones do not.
If I uninstall the newer version and put back the older (2.0) it works fine again.
Anybody has an idea what's going on?
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certainly sorry to hear this but have some questions.

Will any one of your macros, as opposed to a specific "good" one, execute and then when you try another macro that one fails? I'm not quite sure how to read, "no matter which one".

Can the macro that does execute, assume any one will execute, have more than one subroutine or function?

Will you file this as an issue?
Gabor
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: clarification Reply with quote

Thanks, John.
My own macros were copied from this forum and some of them compiled by myself with great help from people here, like yourself.
I insert a piece of text into a blank writer doc and start to perform tasks by the macros. Some of the macros are simple, some more elaborate and have more subroutines. I launch one of them (sometimes this, sometimes that - this is what I meant by "no matter which one"), this first one executes and, to be honest, occasionally a second one as well, but then, at most when the third macro is launched the message comes. If I close the document and open a new one, not even the first-launched macro executes. If I exit OOo (quickstarter and all) the first macro will execute again.
To give an example: after this problem arises the built in Find and replace macro will execute but Iannz's will not.
Anyhow, thanks for your questions and clarification of terminology. I will file it as an issue but as usual they will ask me a document but the phenomenon is document-independent.
B Marcelly
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like a consequence of upgrading your version of OOo.
You should try to find more information on the problem before creating an issue.

- Where are your macros ? In "My Macros" or in a document, or both ?

- do you get the same problem when you create this very simple macro ?
Code:

Sub myMacro
MsgBox("It works")
End Sub

- Did you install 2.0RC1 over 2.0 or did you delete all 2.0 and install a fresh new 2.0RC1 ?

- how did you move your old macros to the new installation?
Problems happen when the user manually moves the files of old macros to the folders of the new installation. You should not do this.

Hope this helps
_________
Bernard
Gabor
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B Marcelly wrote:
This looks like a consequence of upgrading your version of OOo.

Thanks Bernard.
- Where are your macros ? In "My Macros" or in a document, or both ?
All my macros are in C:\Documents and Settings\MyUsername\ApplicationData\OpenOffice.org2\user\basic\standard (Win XP).
- do you get the same problem when you create this very simple macro ?
Code:

Sub myMacro
MsgBox("It works")
End Sub

Yes. It executes on the first document but when I launch it on the second I get the usual
com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeExceptionScriptProtocolHandler::createScriptProvider(),
- Did you install 2.0RC1 over 2.0 or did you delete all 2.0 and install a fresh new 2.0RC1 ?
Always do a clean install, i.e. I uninstall first but do not delete the user folder in Application Data.
- how did you move your old macros to the new installation?
I do not move them, they remain in place since 2.0rc1installs over 2.0 so it uses the same folder in application Data for user settings. Otherwise I copy the user folder to the newly created folder in Application Data.
I thought it would do no harm to file it as an issue.
Based on your questions I will add this clarification as well. Thanks for the questions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: