OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Automatic change in font size in list bullets?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: Automatic change in font size in list bullets? Reply with quote

Is there a way to have Impress change font sizes for the bullets automatically like Powerpoint does)? That is, texts of the lower (inner) level bullets are automatically smaller font sizes, and the change (smaller and larger font sizes) happens automatically, as one changes the bullet level?

Thanks!

MY
avilella

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using openoffice 1.1rc4, and this happens automatically when you choose a slide layout like the third one in the list (with an upper title and a lower hierarchical list).

I just type, then press return to go to the next bullet, then TAB if I want inner level, and the bullet and the size of the font change according to the defined style.

hope it helps
MY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:05 am    Post subject: Bullets/Subbullets Reply with quote

Thanks! Somehow, it is happening for me too now! I must have been doing something wrong. Smile I am curious whether anybody knows of a way to change the bullet types for each sub-bullet level as well.

MY
avilella

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: Yes, I think there is a bug ... Reply with quote

I have discovered that if I load a saved presentation and try to add new sub-bullet levels, then the autosizing of sub-bullets and fonts does not works.

I'm using openoffice1.1rc4

My only way to overcome the problem is duplicate the slide, then erase everything in the text box, click on the frame so that the typical "Click to add an outline" appears, then use the original copy to edit the slide.

I'm pretty sure that something is happening, so I will submit the bug if it is not already submitted...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changing bullet typed for each sub-bullet level:

To access this command...
Choose Format - Numbering/Bullets
On Object Bar, click

and then customize for a specific slide.

To change the layout in all the slides (that is a template):

Choose Format - Styles - Catalog
Ctrl+Y

and then "modify...". I usually can save my templates (File->Templates->Save..) for future uses.
avilella

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:23 am    Post subject: Found what the problem is with autosizing Reply with quote

The problem is somewhat related to the presentation templates and the increase spacing:

(1) Create a new presentation with the "introduce a new product" or "recommendation of a strategy" template
(2) edit an outline
(3) then select all the frame (C-a)
(4) increase indent by clicking one or two times the corresponding button
(5) save
(6) close
(7) re-open presentation
(Cool try editing the outline, the autosizing (with Tab or Shift-Tab) doesn't works.
MY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Nested bullets -fonts & bullet types Reply with quote

re:post by avilella, 9/16/12:47 AM

1) The steps do not work for an existing presentation, at least not for me! And, when making changes on a slide, the changes affect only the bullets in the same text box (not the other text box on the same slide).
2) I can not tell what Ctl+Y stands for. Control Y does not do anything to my impress on my Linux box.

re:post by avilella, 9/16/1:23 AM
1) How does one get to step (2)?
2) C-a is supposed to work?

I think there is a problem, at least in some modes, with ooimpress support of indented/nested bullets (font size as well as bullet specifications).

MY

[/list]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: