OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum
 
 [Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

More columns in data pilot

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
foxy
Power User
Power User


Joined: 10 Mar 2005
Posts: 82

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: More columns in data pilot Reply with quote

Is it possible to aggregate tthe data with data pilot in several columns?

Currently if I have data organised in say this way

Code:
Client Name     Sales (USD)      Payment (USD)


So I want ro keep the structure: 3 columns, but aggregate the sales and payments to calculate a recovery for each client. Currently Data Pilot give me something like this:

Code:
Cliient Name    Data
Name1            Sales
                 Payment

Name2            Sales
                 Payment


i.e. it organises it in only two columns. Is it possible rather than have Data in one column under each other to have them in separate columns?
_________________
Using Ooo 2.2 on Ubuntu Feisty
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Villeroy
Super User
Super User


Joined: 04 Oct 2004
Posts: 10106
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: More columns in data pilot Reply with quote

foxy wrote:
Is it possible to aggregate tthe data with data pilot in several columns?

Currently if I have data organised in say this way

Code:
Client Name     Sales (USD)      Payment (USD)


So I want ro keep the structure: 3 columns, but aggregate the sales and payments to calculate a recovery for each client. Currently Data Pilot give me something like this:

Code:
Cliient Name    Data
Name1            Sales
                 Payment

Name2            Sales
                 Payment


i.e. it organises it in only two columns. Is it possible rather than have Data in one column under each other to have them in separate columns?

So you have Name as row-field and the others as two data-fields?
Recall the wizzard from your existing pilot.
Make on of Sales or Payment to be a second row-field.
Set extra-option "Enable Drilldown".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
foxy
Power User
Power User


Joined: 10 Mar 2005
Posts: 82

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: More columns in data pilot Reply with quote

Villeroy wrote:

Make on of Sales or Payment to be a second row-field.

i don't see how to do it Embarassed
_________________
Using Ooo 2.2 on Ubuntu Feisty
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Villeroy
Super User
Super User


Joined: 04 Oct 2004
Posts: 10106
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you still have your pilot then call it's wizzard from the context-menu (this is also the place where you can delete it).
Then drag one of your data-fields to the left (and check the "Drill Down", which is usefull in this case)
From the pilot-table itself you can drag the grey field-"buttons(?)" of row-and-column-fields, but you have to use the wizzard to change "the inner circle of data-fields". I guess, the whole thing has to be rebuilt then.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
carl
Super User
Super User


Joined: 21 Apr 2003
Posts: 920
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a question of layout:
In a grid of columns and rows there is only space for one item of data at the crosspoints.

A simple solution would be to create two datapilots side by side.
you can specify the location of the second result by entering an appropriate address in the box which appears when you click "more>> " in the DP diologe
_________________
carl
Using OpenOffice.org 2 on XP sp2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
foxy
Power User
Power User


Joined: 10 Mar 2005
Posts: 82

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Villeroy wrote:
If you still have your pilot then call it's wizzard from the context-menu (this is also the place where you can delete it).
Then drag one of your data-fields to the left (and check the "Drill Down", which is usefull in this case)
From the pilot-table itself you can drag the grey field-"buttons(?)" of row-and-column-fields, but you have to use the wizzard to change "the inner circle of data-fields". I guess, the whole thing has to be rebuilt then.

thanks a lot, now I've got it.

carl wrote:
A simple solution would be to create two datapilots side by side.

yes, it was what I was doing before... thanks anyway...
_________________
Using Ooo 2.2 on Ubuntu Feisty
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group