OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Create address labels from a spreadsheet of addresses- OO2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

howard,
Glad to see you were successful. I note that on a single user Windows machine and 1.1.5 there is more in the OOo.org directory than just the "user" directory. I haven't seen more in it for v2 but still I think all that needs to be removed is the "user" folder just in case something ends up putting other files, etc. in the OOo.org directory.

Most people reporting problems of this type seem to be using Windows XP and I know one other person was using the Home version. I don't specifically know that any were usinig the Pro version.
howard
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it was a user account on XP home that was giving trouble. The OOo2.0 folder in my "application data" only has one immediate sub-folder - "user"; there's also a file with the name ".lock". So deleting the whole thing isn't much different from deleting user.
sparky
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Undoing "Don't ask me again" using Writer.XCU file Reply with quote

JohnV,

In reply to your difficulty in finding "Ask for Merge" in Writer.xcu, as a means of undoing a "Don't ask me again" selection, here's a snippet from Writer.xcu:

<node oor:name="PrintOutput">
<prop oor:name="AskForMerge" oor:type="xs:boolean">
<value>true</value>
</prop>
</node>

The "true" had been marked "false" when I checked the "don't ask me again" box.

Keep in mind that I don't think this particular setting is the cure for the exact issue you guys have been discussing. This one restores the option to select lines from a database for mail merging simply by clicking the Print icon -- a really nice feature.

But I suspect that this .xcu file is where all the Writer settings can be fixed to undo those unwise "don't ask me again" choices. Searching in the file for critical keywords (in my case, "merge" and "print") should enable one to find any setting of interest. That, or I just got really lucky!
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparky and others,

Fernand has now posted a macro to recover the "Form Letter" query.
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=29127
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: