OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

exported PDF misses font informations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bernd Wurst

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:40 am    Post subject: exported PDF misses font informations Reply with quote

Hello.

I use OOo Writer (1.1rc4) to make a layout job. Now I have to export it as PDF for web download (and possible printout).
I tried the built-in PDF export first, with no success. The fonts are far away from what I see in writer and some Characters, e.g. the Euro-symbols are completely missing.
My next try was to print via "Generic Printer" to a PostScript-file. That works partly, now all characters are there but the main headline (designed in the font "Zapf Chancery") looks very ugly with too great spaces between the letters. Additionally, when I try to convert this via ps2pdf, I get a postscript file looking as bad as the exported PDF from OOo, with the differences that all headlines are gone.

Can you give me any hint how to export the Writer document to a good looking PDF file? Is there any possibility to include the whole font geometry in the exported file? I even did not find any option to save the font information in the writer document, is that possible? How could those files be cross-platform if you cannot embed the fonts? Smile

Don't get me wrong, I like OOo, but this it the first "big" thing for me to do in OOo and I really have to make it good looking. Smile

cu, Bernd
Bernd Wurst

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I found out that my headline font "Zapf Chancery" is not a truetype font. So I replaced it by anotherone and that worked.

I installed every kind of truetype font I could get (as gentoo packages) and reloaded gnome. Nautilus shows me a great amount of fonts installed. I used spadmin to install all my fonts from /usr/share/fonts in OpenOffice and then reloaded my document, replaced all fonts by similar truetype fonts and...

...did not get better. The Euro-Symbol is exportet only in some fonts, the "-" in the amount (If I write an amount of " 20,-") is never exported (why, it's NOT been replaced by writer, it's a normal hyphen!?) and I can not get a bold headline out of my PDF viewer, all fonts are non-bold with ugly spaces between letters.

cu, Bernd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: