OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Inserting image in Writer doc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luc4
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Inserting image in Writer doc Reply with quote

Hi. I have to insert a OO.Draw document in a OO.Writer page. This image takes the entire page and uses the paper horizontally. I read here that a possible way to insert the image is to convert it to an image format and then import it from Writer. That's what I was doing. The problem is that, as I said, this image uses the paper horizontally. I would like to set a single page horizontal, but I see that setting the page that way, changes all the others too. I know I can rotate the image, but since this doc is going to be converted to pdf, I wanted to have the image to have the right orientation, leaving all the other pages ad they are. Is it possible some way?
Thanks.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to use page styles to have different layouts on different pages.
  • Open the style list (F11)
  • Click on the fourth icon, you will see that the current page style is default. If you change the current Default page style to Landscape, then all pages using the same Default style will also change to Landscape
  • So, click on the last icon "New style from selection" and give it a new name "Landscape"
  • Insert, Manual Break, Page break, and select your new Landscape page style
  • Now you can change the Landscape page style to landscape orientation without changing the Default.

Easy when you know about page styles, confusing when you don't.

Open Office Tips

Page Numbering Tutorial

PS. You can just paste the Draw object from the clipboard to link it into your Writer document for easier editing later.

PPS Actually, with PDF it is not necessary, as the user can easily rotate the page from Adobe Reader.
Luc4
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, great, now it's working! I only have a question. I solved this problem, I'm only asking why: if I insert a page break, and choose Landscape, it's ok. But, if I already have the blank page, with a break above it, and after it (to create a blank page between two written pages), I cannot modify its style without modifying all the other. I mean that if I click that page, and select Landscape, every page in the document gets the same style, losing its own. Why?
Thanks again for this advice.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read my previous post again. It is fully explained there.
Luc4
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, wait, maybe it's my message which is not clear. I don't see the answer in the first post.
I mean that I have every page in "Standard" style. I click on one page, let's say the second out of 10. I want to set another style (already created) for that page, and only that, without switching the style of the others. So, I click on that second page, and click on the style I want, created as you told me (and named "Landscape"). The switch makes every page switch to that style. So that every page will now have "Landscape" style, and not "Standard". I don't change the properties of the "Default" style. But, if I want only the second page to switch to Landscape style (already created with the correct landscape setting)?

I can't see this thing in the first message. I did everything you told me, and it works ok.

Sorry if it's me I'm not understanding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: