OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Good new for FreeBSD users. OOo 1.1R4 for 4.x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfatienza
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Good new for FreeBSD users. OOo 1.1R4 for 4.x Reply with quote

I like to share with you guys, this link regarding OOo 1.1R4 for FreeBSD 4.x and
OOo1.1R5 for 5.x.

http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice/
Cool
KirkJobSluder
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Good new for FreeBSD users. OOo 1.1R4 for 4.x Reply with quote

cfatienza wrote:
I like to share with you guys, this link regarding OOo 1.1R4 for FreeBSD 4.x and
OOo1.1R5 for 5.x.

http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice/
Cool

I've been having lots of problems getting these packages to work. Installing them is not a problem but running them is. Have you run into any problems?
KirkJobSluder
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, downloaded and installed from sources. It turns out that about half of my problems earlier was due to problems talking with gnome. One irritation I have with the FreeBSD ports system is that I never have figured out what happens to readmes and release notes after installation.

Just barely had enough disk space to make it work. The entire build took almost 24 hours (VIA EPIA 900 MHz) but a third of that was spent on gcc33. Hopefully future builds will be less painful. It seems that it matters what window manager you are using. Sawfish was moving palette windows to the center of the screen every time I switched back to the main screen under RC4. I switched to blackbox (GNOME was taking up too much real estate) and have not seen any problems with RC5. I don't know if it is because of the new window manager, the new RC or building it myself.

It looks like this port finally got rid of some of the weird install problems I was having in earlier RCs.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: My OOo 1.1RC4 config Reply with quote

I have this following packages so be able to run OOO 1.1RC4 although quite different in the actual requirements of OOo 1.1RC4.

png-1.2.5_2
pkgconfig-0.15.0
jpeg-6b_1
lcms-1.09,1
libmng-1.0.5_1
imake-4.3.0
freetype2-2.1.3_1
glib-1.2.10_9 ---> instead of glib-1.2.10_10
expat-1.95.6_1
gettext-0.11.5_1 ---> I did not include gettext-0.12.1
fontconfig-2.1_6
XFree86-libraries-4.3.0_1
gtk-1.2.10_9 ----> instead of gtk-1.2.10_10
ORBit-0.5.17 ----> instead of ORBit-0.5.17_1

Yes, some packages on this listing are not actual in tgz file, I use make install to make it.
So far I haven't incounter yet any problem on my 4.8 FreeBSD and running OOo1.1RC4.
Its more faster than 1.0.3 and more stable.
Smile
cfatienza
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: My OOo 1.1RC4 config Reply with quote

Yes, I did that that way i make i run on my 4.8 FreeBSD box.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: