OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Not ready for OO I guess

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vann
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Not ready for OO I guess Reply with quote

Maybe I'm just tired from staring at this screen all day but I think it's a point well made that I can't even figure out how to vote for including the version number in the About tab. Way too complicated and time consuming!
It's ok to be techie oriented, but please make that clear. I've wasted days trying to "fix" MS. I don't need more of the same from Open Office.
I applaud your intentions, knowledge and efforts in creating Open Office, and will check it out again in a year or two, when it's ready for the "general public".
vann
Simon Trucker
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look in this thread. The 2nd post from the bottom has a link to where you can vote (the one above mine, when I made this post).
It is surprisingly complicated though isn't it?
vann
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is surprisingly complicated though isn't it?

Yes, it is. I clicked on the #33 thingie near the bottom. Have I voted?? And if so, did I vote to include the version number in the About section?
Thank you for your comments and help, Simon.
vann Smile
8daysaweek.co.uk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK,

Here's the link: http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=58850

If you aren't registered on www.openoffice.org (which a completely different, separate process to registering on www.oooforum.org) then all you will see is:

Votes for issue 58850: 33 (or whatever the current number of votes is)

If you're not logged in or registered, there are fields/links at the top right of the page for this.

If you're logged in then you'll see:
Votes for issue 58850: 33 Vote for this issue

To vote, click on the "Vote for this issue" link, then fill in the number of votes you want to assign to the issue (max 2).

When you have voted, you can click on the number (hopefully will be 35?) and you will see your username and number of votes listed.

While you're in voting mode, you might like to add a vote or two to Issue 14007 too Wink

HTH Smile,
vann
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing this up James. I have cast my 2 votes for the 'version # in About' issue.

I'll wait on the other issue you mentioned until I have more hours with the program. I don't really know what it does yet, much less what it needs. Smile
8daysaweek.co.uk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, glad to help. IssueTracker isn't that complicated, but it does have IMHO an overly complicated layout / look & feel.

Issue 14007 isn't something that will bother everyone, but for me it is the biggest barrier to leaving Excel completely. I have one spreadsheet in particular where rows and columns regularly need to be manually moved, and in Excel this is much easier.

There is a macro that helps a little, but it's not a quick and can can screw up formulas when moving rows one at a time rather than dragging and dropping (inserting).

BFN Smile,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: