OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Envelopes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
annapolishome

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Envelopes Reply with quote

Does anyone have some ideas on how to print an envelope? I've tried everything I can think of and looks at the documentation I don't know how many times, but with no luck. Everything looks fine on the screen, but when I go to print...nothing.
MichaŽlVD
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Define "nothing"... Do you mean: your printer doesn't do anything? Or does it print an empty page? Or the wrong format? etc...
howard
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I print envelopes without any problems. Maybe you should tell us how you are trying to do it in more detail. In particular which version of OOo are you using and on what platform (e.g Linux or Windows XP etc.)
annapolishome

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Envelopes Reply with quote

I'm using OO 2.0 on an XP desktop with a HP Deskjet 540 printer. It prints an empty page. The envelope gets pulled into the printer and passes through. Like I said, everything looks fine on the screen, but no printing. I can go to Word and print on the same printer, etc. with no problem. I'm stuck
howard
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try printing the "envelope" on a full sheet of paper. Maybe it's trying to print on the left when your envelope is on the right or vice versa.

Also how are you getting to the printing stage in OOo, via Insert> envelope or by adjusting page size to match the envelope? (I'm not personally familiar with that printer.) Are you using mail merge or just printing a "one off".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: