OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

What is X Window Server?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
debbiecollison

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: What is X Window Server? Reply with quote

I am trying to install Open Office for the 1st time on my Mac which is running OSX 10.4.4. When I click on start OpenOffice.org I get a Choose Application window, with the question: Where is your preferred X Window Server?

I'm afraid I don't know what this means.
Omar
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: What is X Window Server? Reply with quote

debbiecollison wrote:
I am trying to install Open Office for the 1st time on my Mac which is running OSX 10.4.4. When I click on start OpenOffice.org I get a Choose Application window, with the question: Where is your preferred X Window Server?

I'm afraid I don't know what this means.

An X Window Server is the underlying application that most unix-style operating systems use to display graphical applications on the screen. In the case of OSX, you'll be using X11. Depending on how you installed OSX on your computer, X11 may be installed by default. If not, check the OSX developer CD for the software.

-Omar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: