OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Auto-insert value of Master/slave in subform
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrewJensen
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of quick things.

Regarding the macro I promised. I have not posted it because under 2.0.3 it no longer works...aaargh. I opened an issue for this # 68771

Second, regarding the bug with MySQL not passing the primary key to a sub-form on insert. It still seems to be there. I recently updated to all the latest stable MySQL releases 5.0.24 server under XP, JDBC 5.0.3 and tested again under the latest developers build of OOo ( OOD680_m1 ).

The HSQLDB driver ( embedded and server models ) works fine. I believe the MS Access connector using ADO works fine also - but doesn't help you guys does it.

Anyway, I was sure there was an open issue regarding this already but just tried to find it and check the status and could not. Maybe I am losing my mind..could be. I'll check again and if still can't find it will open one and put the issue number back up here.

Drew
paolOOo
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still working under but I think I solved my problems using postgresql with JDBC.

bye
Kenwong
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am being faced with the same problem. I am using OOo Base 2.0.3, MySQL 5.0.24, ODBC 3.51, Win XP SP2 (on FAT32, not NTFS as recommended by MySQL).

This really holds back people from using OOo Base. I felt satisfactory with OOo Base (except that its speed appears to be slower than Microsoft Access) until I came to this point.
Kenwong
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI.

http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=60737
waynorthny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: SOLVED (for me at least) Reply with quote

My problem is where the subform (a table control) doesn't present any rows for a user, when the main form has just been filled out for a new entry.

The "Subform.reload" macro from an earlier post did the trick, with a little editing to simplify it. Here's the macro:

Code:

Sub ReloadSubForm
         Form = ThisComponent.DrawPage.Forms.GetByName("MainForm")
         SubForm = Form.GetByName("SubForm")
         SubForm.reload()
End Sub

For the poster who said the original macro put him at the first record of the main form: that was the "Form.reload" call in that macro. Take the call out and you should stay on the right record.

You can call this macro from a button. However, there's a better way if your users always fill in the fields in the fields' tab order. Then, just attach this macro to the "When losing focus" event of the last field in the tab order. It works by reloading the subform when they tab out of that last field while entering main-form data, and it pops them into the first field of the first row of the subform table.

I haven't thoroughly tested this yet but at first blush it seems to work. I'd guess that if you have a mix of required and non-required fields in the main form, you should attach the macro to the last required field in the tab order.

Platform: OOo 2.1, using the built-in database; Kubuntu 6.1; Sun Java 1.5.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: