OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Playing sounds..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoryWalsh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Playing sounds.. Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I tried searching through the archives but no luck, I would like to know how I place a sound into an impress presentation and not have it play straight away? I want to drop a sound on my slide. I then want to sound to only start playing once a user clicks on the sound icon? I realise that this is probably very simple but I can't seem to figure it out! Cheers,
Rory.
james_h
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: OOo2 Impress: Insert a sound that doesn't play immediately Reply with quote

OpenOffice.org 2 Impress: How to insert a sound that doesn't play immediately

The simplest way is to make a duplicate slide and embed the sound in the second slide. When you advance the slide, the sound starts.

The second way is to associate an action with a picture on the slide.

Insert > Picture > From File...

Browse to a suitable picture (For example: <Installation directory>/share/gallery/www-graf/orgright.gif) and Click Open
Position the picture by dragging it to where you want the picture to appear.
Size the picture by dragging a handle.
Right click the picture and choose Interaction
In the drop down box, choose Play Sound
Click Browse...
Browse to a supported sound file. (Although OpenOffice.org supports .wav files in this context, currently you can't choose an .mp3 sound file here.)
Click Open

You could also use a script to open an external application to play a sound and associate that script as the action associated with clicking your picture. Do this if the sound is in a format you cannot open directly.
RoryWalsh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Playing sounds.. Reply with quote

Great, that works, no further need for Power Point then.

Rory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: