OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Resume a document from where you previously were..?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STKD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Resume a document from where you previously were..? Reply with quote

I seem to remember previously with OpenOffice.org Writer, I could reload a document and it would automatically jump to whatever part I had been working on when I last saved. (i.e. If I had been writing something halfway through my document, it'd start up at that same point). I cannot remember how to enable this feature yet I find it incredibly useful for long documents. Anyone willing to remind me..?
Thanks.
Hagar Delest
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the default behavior with OOo 2.0 and 2.0.1.
I don't know if it can be modified.
Jallan
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Resume a document from where you previously were..? Reply with quote

STKD wrote:
I seem to remember previously with OpenOffice.org Writer, I could reload a document and it would automatically jump to whatever part I had been working on when I last saved. (i.e. If I had been writing something halfway through my document, it'd start up at that same point). I cannot remember how to enable this feature yet I find it incredibly useful for long documents. Anyone willing to remind me..?
Thanks.

That works already by default with me. I can't see any settings to change defaults so Writer doesn't jump to the last position when opening a file. (I am using OpenOffice.org 2.0.1 under Windows XP SP2.)
STKD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredibly weird. I'm also using the same version of OoW on the same kind of XP setup. Yet every time I reopen a document after saving, It'll be back at the start.
Jallan
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just stumbled across the setting that changes this.

Go to Tools -> Options... OpenOffice.org -> View. If "Editing View" under "Restore" is checked, then OpenOffice.org attempts to position your screen view as it was when you last saved it, otherwise it displays the beginning of the document.
STKD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I may have to give up. It was already checked, tried unchecking/quitting/rechecking again, still no luck. Documents just won't reopen where I left off. Weird.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: