OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Impress- How to make handouts like in excel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kakingz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Impress- How to make handouts like in excel Reply with quote

Hi im completely new to this thing. just got installed it days ago.. my problem is i dont know how to make a handout in impress..

can somebody help me? thanks Sad
Vogateer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click File, then Print. Look to the lower left on the window, click Options, then on the upper left, you should click on the Handouts checkbox, then click OK. Now just hit OK on the original print dialog box, and you should be set.

Please let me know if this works for you.
kakingz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it works!!!!

thank you so much!!!!

Smile Laughing
kakingz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. i was just curios.. i was reading other topics and i read this one was asking the same problem.. she was given the same solution that you gave me... and also the there was a reply about clicking

view>master>handout
then format>modify layout

welll i cant find HANDOUT under view master.. and im using the 2.0 version

sorry im just so confused

thanks

thsnks for your help.... Confused

Last edited by kakingz on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vogateer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note for the future, you should be able to find much of this information in the Help menu, or by hitting theF1 key. Just click on the Index tab in the upper left area of the Help window, and type in Handout, and there is a printing subsection right underneath it.

The people who write the Help files may get a bit upset if they think you're ignoring their work. Wink I'm just glad you were able to get that working.

Well, I'm not sure what message the other person was trying to convey, but they may mean that you can click on the tab that says Handout at the top of the area where your can see your slide, or acheive the same effect by clicking View > Handout Page. This gives you a view of how your slides should look when they print, showing you where your Headers, Footers, Page Numbers, and Date/Time information would go, and how the slides will be laid out on the page.

Good luck using OpenOffice.org, it's really a great suite, and I'm continually impressed with the amount of quality work the development team is doing.

[EDIT: Posted before I saw the previous message]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: