OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

bibus "wrong menu path" error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vtomov

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: bibus "wrong menu path" error Reply with quote

Hello,

I am using Open Office 2 as part of my Fedora distribution. I just installed Bibus 1.1.1 (in /opt/bibus-1.1.1). All seemed to go well and I am able to use Bibus (I was able to look up a reference from Pub Med and retrieve it). However, every time I start Bibus (by typing python /opt/bibus-1.1.1/bibusStart.py), I get the following error:

03:45:39 PM: Wrong menu path: <main>/en_AsInDatabase
03:45:39 PM: Wrong menu path: <main>/en_Default
03:45:39 PM: Wrong menu path: <main>/en_PLoS
03:45:39 PM: Wrong menu path: <main>/en_apa
03:45:39 PM: Wrong menu path: <main>/en_apa2
03:45:39 PM: Wrong menu path: <main>/en_bmc
03:45:39 PM: Wrong menu path: <main>/en_pnas
03:45:39 PM: Wrong menu path: <main>/es_legal

After that the program seems to work fine, although I haven't spent too much time playing with it yet. The above-mentioned files are all in /opt/bibus-1.1.1/Format/Styles. Any help would be appreciated!

Vesko
pmartino
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: bibus "wrong menu path" error Reply with quote

vtomov wrote:
Hello,

I am using Open Office 2 as part of my Fedora distribution. I just installed Bibus 1.1.1 (in /opt/bibus-1.1.1). All seemed to go well and I am able to use Bibus (I was able to look up a reference from Pub Med and retrieve it). However, every time I start Bibus (by typing python /opt/bibus-1.1.1/bibusStart.py), I get the following error:

03:45:39 PM: Wrong menu path: <main>/en_AsInDatabase
03:45:39 PM: Wrong menu path: <main>/en_Default
03:45:39 PM: Wrong menu path: <main>/en_PLoS
03:45:39 PM: Wrong menu path: <main>/en_apa
03:45:39 PM: Wrong menu path: <main>/en_apa2
03:45:39 PM: Wrong menu path: <main>/en_bmc
03:45:39 PM: Wrong menu path: <main>/en_pnas
03:45:39 PM: Wrong menu path: <main>/es_legal

After that the program seems to work fine, although I haven't spent too much time playing with it yet. The above-mentioned files are all in /opt/bibus-1.1.1/Format/Styles. Any help would be appreciated!

Vesko

If I remember correctly, other people using Fedora got the same problem some times ago. It seems to be a problem with the wxpython/wxgtk libraries. I think the only real fix is to compile it yourself. I suppose there is an easy way to download the Fedora source and compile it.

Have a look at this bug report:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=110943&atid=657832&func=detail&aid=1356682
Bibus home: http://bibus-biblio.sourceforge.net/
vtomov

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help! I installed wxpython 2.6 from http://www.wxpython.org/download.php using the Fedore 2 packages. This solved the problem.

Vesko
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: