OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

importing ms files...doesn't work in 1.0.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:04 am    Post subject: importing ms files...doesn't work in 1.0.2 Reply with quote

I have problems opening ms office files after installing 1.0.2 version, they will no longer open in OO.

And there are always problems when i export to any ms fileformat, it changes most things, puts lines out of place, jumbles things around, changes half of the text to a smaller size.

why when its supposed to be compatible?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone a reply would be really nice please...

Thanks
larsman
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have problems opening ms office files after installing 1.0.2 version, they will no longer open in OO.

Try the setup repair function.
You'll always have some problems when saving in ms-office format. as long as you don't use images or other floating objects there shouldn't be much trouble.
amperes
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: importing ms files...doesn't work in 1.0.2 Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

So this has nothing to do with file associations right? Are you having problems opening ms office files from within OOo (e.g. using the 'open' dialog of OOo)?

Anonymous wrote:

And there are always problems when i export to any ms fileformat, it changes most things, puts lines out of place, jumbles things around, changes half of the text to a smaller size.

The conversion is not always perfect. The problem is not OOo. The problem is Microsoft's binary file formats. Binary file formats will eventually go the way of the dinosaur. Unfortunately, we're not there yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: