OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Multiple "chart types" in the same "chart obj

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slach

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Multiple "chart types" in the same "chart obj Reply with quote

In MS Office, it is possible to have different chart type for each dataserie in the same "chart object" (for example, having "lines" and "bars" in the same chart).

Is this possible in OOo ?

Confused
slach

PS : If a developper reads my message:
The "Modify Chart Data Range" dialog box could be improved to create charts with multiple dataseries more easily. It could be inspired from the one in MS Office, but with some additionnal options, like a button for changing the dataseries order (in MSOffice, it is possible by right-clicking on a dataserie... not very intuitive! Rolling Eyes ).
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Multiple "chart types" in the same "chart Reply with quote

slach wrote:
In MS Office, it is possible to have different chart type for each dataserie in the same "chart object" (for example, having "lines" and "bars" in the same chart).

Is this possible in OOo ?

Confused
slach

I think you want the combination chart variant under the Columns chart. I don't know if there is any way to select which line(s) get barred vs lined.
slach

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.

I've looked around and I have found that it is possible to have a combination "bars"/"lines". The last n data series will be lines (where n is a number you can choose) , the other series will be bars.

Apparently, it is not possible to have a combination "lines"/"areas" which was what i was looking for. Too bad...
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slach wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

I've looked around and I have found that it is possible to have a combination "bars"/"lines". The last n data series will be lines (where n is a number you can choose) , the other series will be bars.

Thank you , I was looking for that a couple of days ago and could not see it. I expected it to show up in the initial Autoformat not in Chart Type later.

Quote:
Apparently, it is not possible to have a combination "lines"/"areas" which was what i was looking for. Too bad...

It looks that way. BTW why an area chart? I have never been to fond of them. I tend to think that they are hard to interpret.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: