OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

mmservice - how do you pass a password and userid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kpassey
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: mmservice - how do you pass a password and userid Reply with quote

Hi I have set up a java program to run a mailmerge using data on an iSeries(AS400)

It works fine apart from one problem - I need to supply a user ID and password - and I have spent days trying various scenarios. Sometimes the signon dialog pops up on the oo server sometime it does not.

I have created a Qry in my data source and embedded the data in my odt document - what I want to do is to get around this signon issue my supplying the user id and password in the program - has anyone managed to get this working.

It is a fairly common requirement - surely the userid and password would work better if they were part of the Object properties of the mmservice. My latest attempt was to create an XConnection and set the active connection on the mmservice object properties - still no joy.

I have seen many messages in the forum about this - but not one reply - come on sun!!

Thanks

Kevin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: