OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

autonumbering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zurik

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: autonumbering Reply with quote

I've just installed OO for the first time and I'm trying to set up my first database. I cant for the life of me figure out how to get a primary key to automatically number. I'm used to Access where you choose "autonumber" as the datatype, but OO doesn't seem to have any option to autonumber. The help file is useless at figuring this out. How do I do this?
trenkler
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: autonumbering Reply with quote

zurik wrote:
I've just installed OO for the first time and I'm trying to set up my first database. I cant for the life of me figure out how to get a primary key to automatically number. I'm used to Access where you choose "autonumber" as the datatype, but OO doesn't seem to have any option to autonumber. The help file is useless at figuring this out. How do I do this?

Which release do you use? It has been bug some months ago but now it works OK. When creating table change the type of the field intended to be primary key to integer, right click left of it's name and make it primary key. Then on the bottom of the screen where you see properties make the field autoincrement. It must work.

juraj
MSPhobe
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am new.. and somehow managed to turn off autonumbering in a field where it WAS working nicely. I think all I did was rename the field.

It DOES work... usually!!!

I've posted a tutorial, which includes an autonumbered key field, at...

http://sheepdogguides.com/fdb/fdb1main.htm
zurik

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2.0.1. I set it for Integar and see the auto number option. Seems to work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: