OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Border Boundaries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nosliwnhoj

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Border Boundaries Reply with quote

I am currently writing a document that requires some of the paragraphs to have borders. If I apply a border to the last paragraph of my document (i.e. the one with no more text after it), I cannot then move the cursor out of that paragraph to type further work down the page.
I have discovered that if I ensure that I always have at least one character typed after the last paragraph, then after I apply the border I am able to move the cursor out of that paragraph and down the page.
I'm sure that this is not the correct procedure and would welcome any help or comments.

Many thanks.
BillP
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to type a character after the last paragraph. You should press enter to create an empty paragraph before applying the border to the last paragraph. Then you can type additional text in the empty paragraph if necessary. If you don't create the empty paragraph first, the border will be extended to the new paragraph when you press enter. One way to remove this extended border is to use the format paintbrush.
nosliwnhoj

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot. My problem is now solved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: