OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Updating TOC in Web Layout view breaks end of document

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goa103
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Updating TOC in Web Layout view breaks end of document Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm switching to OOo 2.0 because of annoying bugs in OOo 1.x. And it seems one of the bug is still around.

I write most of my documents in Web Layout view but sometimes when I update a Table of Contents (TOC), the end of the document is "cut off" and I can't reach it. It's like if there was a document margin like there's a page margin in Print Layout view. It seems this problem is related to the one exposed in the Page flow from pasted document. Possible bug discovered topic :

ftack wrote:
If there is more content than fits on the page, the remaining content will "disappear" under the page margin.

It seems the end section missing is as high as the new TOC entries. For example if updating the TOC add three new entries, three "lines" from the end of the document are missing. The only solution is to switch to Print Layout view and back to Web Layout. I can even see OOo to "compute" the new "Web height" of the document because of the jumping scrollbars.

I will report the bug in a few days. Until then all your comments are welcome.

JM.
goa103
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just filed the Updating TOC in Web Layout view breaks end of document issue.
JoeBob

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: TOC-found a similar issue to your post--is there a solution? Reply with quote

Hi, I'm a new OOo convert, and found a problem similar to the one you outlined. I'm hoping you may have some advice/update status.

I'm running OOo v2.0, I updated a TOC in Print Layout, and the TOC had an odd layout(missing periods to push out page number to right tab). When I changed the view to Web Layout, the TOC looks normal, but when I switch back to Print, the TOC again is changed. There is no uniformity on the appearance of the TOC.

I've approximated my views below. The odd thing is that in both views, Heading 1,2, and 3, are not consistent in their layout. Changing the style/formatting of each line has not worked.

Any ideas about this? Is this related to the bug you found, or is this new user error?
Thanks for the help,
Joe

What does not appear in my paste are the periods.

Web View:
1 Summary of Release Features...........3
2 Release Feature Details......................3
3 Service (xxxx).......................................3
3.1 Overview 3
3.2 Benefits............................................5

Print View:
1 Summary of Release Features
2 Release Feature Details
3 Service (xxxx)
3.1 Overview 3
3.2 Benefits of Service
3.2.1 Benefits to Customers............... 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: