OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

TOC format incorrect after update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moffettj
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: TOC format incorrect after update Reply with quote

In an earlier post I was guided to the fact that I am able to insert a tab stop between E# and E in the Entries part of Insert Index/Table. I use tab positions in the individual Contents styles to do the positioning. The final result looks good. I do not lock the TOC so that I can update it when I add new sections.

Note that I said "final result". Whenever I update the TOC the tab stop between the E# and E gets turned into spaces that force the E to the right margin. Right-clicking and selecting 'Default Formatting' corrects this. But every single line in the TOC existed as a double line during the update. With a long TOC this adds in extra pages that throws out the page numbering. For my current long document, my only workaround is to use a space in place of the tab stop. Luckily none of my sections in the outline numbering have more than 9, so this works.

I have attempted to search the Forum and the issue list for information on this puzzling behavior of the tab stops during an update with no success. Can anyone shed any light on this?

I am using OOo 2.0.0 on Windows 2000 SP4.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: