OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Is there a traditional color-wheel?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Is there a traditional color-wheel? Reply with quote

Does Impress have a color-wheel selector with RGB mixers? The pulldown color selection menus are a bit limited. Thanks.
Guest 2.0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's just hidden in the program preferences dialog. You can add colors there, or, if you're brave, you can edit '\user\config\standard.soc'. You'll probably have to close OOo prior to editing it, and then restart after saving it. BTW, it's an XML file, editable in any text editor; the colors are stored as standard HTML colors (i.e: #ff0000, etc). Thanks for giving me a reason to finally hunt it down Very Happy
Curtz
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest 2.0 wrote:
Yes, it's just hidden in the program preferences dialog. You can add colors there, or, if you're brave, you can edit '\user\config\standard.soc'. You'll probably have to close OOo prior to editing it, and then restart after saving it. BTW, it's an XML file, editable in any text editor; the colors are stored as standard HTML colors (i.e: #ff0000, etc). Thanks for giving me a reason to finally hunt it down Very Happy

Shocked
ftack

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the weaker aspects of OOo, for me. In order to use colors, you must first define and name them. I'd prefer the gimp approach, where you just take the color you want from a color wheel.
Curtz
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ftack wrote:
This is one of the weaker aspects of OOo, for me. In order to use colors, you must first define and name them. I'd prefer the gimp approach, where you just take the color you want from a color wheel.

OOo works just like Excel, when it comes to colours. I always HATED Excel for its handling of colours, and I hate OOo for it, too. Wink

Why are we not able to select any colour, jesus, the year is 2003! Smile

But perhaps in OOo 4.0 ? Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Curtz on Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Guest 2.0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: yup, the color thing isn't one of OOo's strengths... Reply with quote

The two main things that bug me about OOo are this and the zoom functionality, everything else works fairly smoothly for me so far. But the way I figure it, I can do a couple of sessions with EclipsePalette and Editpad to get my color set the way I want, then I can choose from a list of colors that I'm likely to use myself; throw in a couple of batch files/macros to switch palette files if the number of colors gets too large, and I'm OK until OOo gets a real color selector and/or allows one to use the system color selector (hint: right-clicking on an existing color could bring up the system color selector, and right-clicking the blank spot to the right of the last color could add a new color).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: