OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Charts in OO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zack24

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Charts in OO Reply with quote

Could I see here the face of the hero who has wrote this functionality for OO, but still not able to open either MS Office or Origin or what ever to see how it should be done?

It is completely unuseful.

If you have no own ideas and you do the clone of MS Office - do it good. Step by step.
9point9

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Charts in OO Reply with quote

zack24 wrote:
Could I see here the face of the hero who has wrote this functionality for OO, but still not able to open either MS Office or Origin or what ever to see how it should be done?

I think you're being a bit unfair comparing OOo to Origin. That's a completely different kind of program intended for graphs alone. It is not really suitable for the average user.

zack24 wrote:
If you have no own ideas and you do the clone of MS Office - do it good. Step by step.

OOo is not meant to be an M$ Office clone, if it was, many of the people here who use it, would not be using it.

As yet you haven't specified any actual problems you're having, you've just grumbled. Maybe you could tell us what problems you are having and we can help you.

FYI OOo's plotting functionality is being revised currently. It is a known weakness currently, if it doesn't do what you want there are plenty of open source graphing programs. I use gnuplot and have written a macro in OOo so that Calc data can be parsed to gnuplot.

OOoSVN, change control for OOo documents:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ooosvn/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: