OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Saving to Floppy/USB memory stick problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalboy2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Saving to Floppy/USB memory stick problems Reply with quote

Ok here's my problem.

I am using Openoffice version 2.0 on Suse Linux Professional 9.3, the issue I have only occurs under one condition.

I have openoffice open and use the "save as" button to save the file im working on onto a floppy or memory stick. Still having the openoffice application open, i navigate to the portable media (floppy or memory stick) folder and the file appears to be there. But if i eject the portable media from the machine before i close down the openoffice application, and thus close down the openoffice application there after. When I reinsert the portable media the file seems to have disappeared.

This does not happen when the portable media device is stilled plugged in when I close down the openoffice application.

It appears to me to be that even thou open office appears to save the file while openofffice is open, it dosent actually write it to the media until the open office application is closed. Is this true?, and if so is there any way to change this setting somewhere?

Thanks
9point9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Works OK for me under Linux. Are you sure this doesn't happen with other applications also?

OOoSVN, change control for OOo documents:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ooosvn/
dalboy2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 9point9,

No i have just checked this with other applications GIMP etc and it works. So it only appears to be an openoffice problem.

Any ideas on what may be the issue with the "save as" may be, as it definately appears to written to the device at the time.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: