OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Help for a newbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manxduke
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Help for a newbie Reply with quote

This is my first attempt to use a forum, and I am not even sure how to send a message, I just hope this is correct.
Q1. I have created a short document in writer, and exported it as pdf. I also created a sketch (electrical circuit) in draw, and saved that as a pdf. Can I put them together as a single pdf?
Q2. When I used draw, the hidden grid was very useful aligning the circuit wiring, but it would have been more usefull if I could have had the grid spacing at about half of its default. Can I adjust it?
Q3. I have many old Lotus Wordpro documents. Is there a filter yet to permit conversion to OOo format?
9point9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Help for a newbie Reply with quote

manxduke wrote:

Q1. I have created a short document in writer, and exported it as pdf. I also created a sketch (electrical circuit) in draw, and saved that as a pdf. Can I put them together as a single pdf?

There are programs for merging PDF's however it is simpler to merge the source instead. In this case, copy the Draw diagram and paste it at the end of your Writer document, then export to PDF.
manxduke wrote:

Q3. I have many old Lotus Wordpro documents. Is there a filter yet to permit conversion to OOo format?

Not yet. This is down as a feature request but as yet is not workable. I'm not certain how far it will get.

OOoSVN, change control for OOo documents:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ooosvn/
Warrick Nelson
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can change the grid settings through
Options/Openoffice.org Draw/Grid
Jallan
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Help for a newbie Reply with quote

manxduke wrote:
Q2. When I used draw, the hidden grid was very useful aligning the circuit wiring, but it would have been more usefull if I could have had the grid spacing at about half of its default. Can I adjust it?

Go to Tools -> Options... -> OpenOffice.org Writer -> Grid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: