OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Problem with 'mass mailing' of Writer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NiRaDo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Problem with 'mass mailing' of Writer Reply with quote

Hello everyone !

For sometimes, I try to use the 'mass mailing' option of Ooo Writer, but there are a problem.
After having including fields in my page, I click to Tools > Mailing Assistant... but when the build ('construction') is finished, there are a white page between every entries (every page).

Can you say me how I can delete this white page ? Even if I remove it manually, it is printed... it's strange.

Thank you.

ps : Sorry for my language quality, I am french and my english is very bad, but I will try to write better and better.
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blank pages result from the fact that your original merge document consists of an odd number of pages.

Let's say it has 1 page which in OOo must be a right page like page 1 in a book. OOo insists that a right page be follow by a left page like page 2 in a book. If a left page does not exist then OOo inserts a blank page so the page following it can be another right page.

You can not remove the blank pages but you can use the macro found here to work around this behavior. http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=29291
NiRaDo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your answer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: