OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Selecting chart in background?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeljkp
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:26 am    Post subject: Selecting chart in background? Reply with quote

I sent my chart to the background using Arrange->To Background so that I could edit a cell in the foreground. But how do I select the chart again so I can bring it back to the foreground?

And when I do, is it possible to have the contents of the cell behind it show on top of the chart? I'm basically trying to have a formula as a chart label.

Thanks in advance.
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring chart to front. Just left click in the chart until it gets green handles then right click to find Arrange.

Make chart tranparent (I assume you don't want to just put the formula in the Title area). Double click the chart so it has gray sides and black handles. Right click, choose Chart Area and set Transparency to 100. You must click outside the chart to see the effect.
Francesco

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem.

When the chart is in BACKGROUND, it is no longer selectable by clicking on it. Please remark that "TO BACKGROUND" is not the same than "Send backwards" or "Send to back".

What am i supposed to do?

Thanks
saull

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem, and spent 2 hours trying to access the object (an XY chart) that I had accidentally sent to the background. I'm a newbie and I'm certain there are more elegant methods, but the following worked for me. I post this in case it helps others as well. I'm using OO1.1.0 .

Before following this procedure, check whether you already have a pointer (arrow) icon in your Object Bar at the top labelled "Select". Clicking on it should give you access to all objects which exist in your spreadsheet. If it doesn't the procedure below will not help you, as it is only a set of instructions for creating this button.

1) Right-click on the Object Bar at the top and select "Customize..." .

2) In the "Available buttons" menu on the left, open up the list of "Edit" options by clicking on its "+" sign and select (i.e. click on so it becomes highlighted) the "Select" button option. This should enable the "Add->" button in the next column to the right, which had been previously disabled.

3) In the "Toolbars" entry field at the top of the next column to the right, select "Spreadsheet Object Bar". It's possible that some other selection would work here, but this worked for me.

4) Click on "Add->". The "Select" button option you highlighted earlier should now appear in the "Buttons in Use" column. You can drag the button to whatever position you want to in that list - the order in the list defines where it will eventually appear in the Object Bar. I dragged it to the end.

5) Click on "Apply" in the right -most column, and you should see the "Select " button icon (a pointer) appear in the Object Bar. Click on "Ok" to exit the menu.

6) Click on the newly created "Select" icon. All your objects should now become available for manipulation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: