OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Toolbar Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n8chavez
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Toolbar Question Reply with quote

How can I set staroffice up to where certain toolbars are shown when I launch? I have set them where and how I want them but they are not visible when I restart. They are correctly displayed after I select them from the view menu. Any ideas?
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: Toolbar Question Reply with quote

n8chavez wrote:
How can I set staroffice up to where certain toolbars are shown when I launch? I have set them where and how I want them but they are not visible when I restart. They are correctly displayed after I select them from the view menu. Any ideas?

Which StarOffice version do you use? This topic has already been discussed in this forum http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=17431&highlight=toolbar+disappearing and seems solved for at least OOo 2.0.2 http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=30732&highlight=toolbar+disappearing.

I gave it a try with my OOo 2.0.2 on Windows XP and I can confirm that most of the toolbars stayed where I put them (like "Drawing" and "Align" for example), although "Fontwork" keeps disappering.

With kind regards
hol.sten
n8chavez
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THat issue must have been fixed in the latest version of OO because it is sill happening in statroffice. And, I was not able to right-click on the toolbar as the other post suggested. But that leads me to another question: Is OpenOffice 2.02 better than Staroffice 8? I see no reason to update to SO update 2 because it is as large os SO itself; unless there is a way to shrink it by getting rid of stuff that I don't need.
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

n8chavez wrote:
THat issue must have been fixed in the latest version of OO because it is sill happening in statroffice.

It seems that you have not updated to the latest version of StarOffice.

n8chavez wrote:
Is OpenOffice 2.02 better than Staroffice 8? I see no reason to update to SO update 2 because it is as large os SO itself; unless there is a way to shrink it by getting rid of stuff that I don't need.

Your toolbar problem is a reason to update. And the size problem with the update of StarOffice is the same with OOo update. There are no patches available, too. You can only download the whole office suite.

With kind regards
hol.sten
n8chavez
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression that update 2 was just a ptach; ,eaning that you had to have Staroffice installed first then apply the patch on top of it. Is this not the case? Are you sayting that update 2 (164 meg) is the entire suite? Because I tried installing it without SO installed and I couldn't.
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

n8chavez wrote:
I was under the impression that update 2 was just a ptach; ,eaning that you had to have Staroffice installed first then apply the patch on top of it. Is this not the case? Are you sayting that update 2 (164 meg) is the entire suite? Because I tried installing it without SO installed and I couldn't.

Intriguing. But considering the Windows version of OOo 2.0.2 (OOo_2.0.2_Win32Intel_install.exe) with 91 MB, I would say that the 164 MB of SO update 2 must be the whole SO suite. But perhaps I'm wrong.

With kind regards
hol.sten
n8chavez
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems as if you do need a previous version of Staroffice installed in order to uinstall update 2. When I try to install I get this message: The destination folder specified below does not contain a staroffice 8 version.
n8chavez
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to finally install OpenOffice 2.02. The thread you pointed me towards said that the problem does not exist in this version. However, I am still having this issue with 2.02; more specifically with the 'tools' toolbar and the 'pictures' toolbar, the 'table' toolbar appears docked at the bottom like it should and the others do not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: