OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Entering data into a table control subform

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sembazuru
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Entering data into a table control subform Reply with quote

My current project in part involves something akin to a recipe list. For this I have 3 relavent tables. An Ingredients table, a main recipe table, and a recipe ingredients table (so I can have a variable amount of ingredients for each recipe). I've created the form and it works well for looking at currently-entered recipes. Basically the form is based off the main recipe table (name, ID, etc.). It has a sub-form with a table entry for recipe ingredients (PrimaryKey, RecipeID, Ingredients). The RecipeID is the link to the ID field of the main recipe table. In the table entry I have the Ingredients set up as a list entry pulling names from the Ingredients table.

With recipes that are entered, I see in the table entry area all the ingredients that I had entered for the recipe. But, when I try to enter in a new recipe I have to do it in two steps because when I enter data to the main form area, I can't create new lines in the table entry area (tabbing there gives me NO cursor, but I can tab back out). Leaving the main record and then returning to it I can then enter Ingredients.

If I haven't confused everyone, how can entry of a new recipe be entered with one step?

I'm using OOoBase 2.0.2 and my database is the intermal HSQL format.
DrewJensen
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No confusion..it is a pain.

The way to fix is it is with a small macro that you assign to the Record Action event for the Main form. When the macro is called for a insert record event, simply reload the sub_form.

Here is an example
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=29126&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=update+subform
Sembazuru
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that seemed to sort it out mostly. Thanx for the link. (I had done a search, but must not have used the correct search terms.)

The only problem now I can't tab out of the sub form. Not a big deal, just a hassle to have to use the new-record button on the navigator bar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: