OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Unable to find a username who lost their password...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pitonyak
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Unable to find a username who lost their password... Reply with quote

There are issues with the account for user "mgrabenstein". He registered using his work email address. Then, he forgot his password, and the company changed the format of their email addresses, so that the old email address is no longer valid.

I am unable to find the user name when I search the Memberlist, but the user said that it indicates the old email address when he requested his password. In other words, the system does know about him. Any comments or suggestions?

I will point the user to this post so that he can add to it as he desires. I can provide the email log and you can contact him as well. I will not post his email address, but I will send it to you if you email me directly to andrew@pitonyak.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pitonyak
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not certain what privliges I have as a moderator to deal with these issues...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JJJoseph
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: log-in password errors Reply with quote

These problems are a real nuisance in OO. We don't expect you to fix them, but it would be nice if there was someone dedicated to the egregious OO password issues. We users whine about this stuff since there's no other way to fix the password problems.

I've got about 6 closed OO accounts because I can't figure out the password problems. The only way in is to open a new email account and start again.
pitonyak
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: