OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

How NOT to have line by line effects...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John B

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:29 am    Post subject: How NOT to have line by line effects... Reply with quote

In PP one can have a list of several items (eg bullet points) and have them _all_ appear at a mouse click, etc.

In OO/Impress, I only seem to be able to have them appear line by line, clicking each time to reveal the next line.

Is this a user problem(!) or am I trying to do something that Impress doesn't really support?

Thanks

J

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:55 am    Post subject: effects on group objects Reply with quote

Mark all desired objects and form (e.g. by using the right-button context menu) a group object. (group). Then choose the appearance effect, the object will appear at one time.
Best regards, schackhe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion, however it's not quite the answer!

I use the standard slide format "Tile, Text" which has a title frame and a frame which provides the usual automated bullet point list. My aim is to have all the bullet points in this second frame appear together when I click the mouse. I tried your suggestion to group these bullet points, but that option is grayed out: I cannot group them. Then, of course, no matter what I try, each bullet point appears one at a time, each time requring a mouse click.

Something I have found is that if I cut and then paste-special the frame as a GDI metafile or a drawing object then I can get the effect I need. Maybe this is the only way to so it.

Sorry to be a bore, etc...,
J

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if u have a text frame with bullets u can have all lines loaded at once using "Effects" instead of "Text effects", but I still have to find how to have them loading one row at time.. but without have to click each time with the mouse !!
Antonello

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I tried the suggestion of using "effects" rather than "text effects", but there was no noticeable difference: items still appear one at a time!

Thanks anyway.

J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: