OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

OO 2.0.2 crashes on Windows XP - Says file is corrupt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
etr9j

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: OO 2.0.2 crashes on Windows XP - Says file is corrupt Reply with quote

I saw this thred http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?p=141290 and it didn't sound like the same crash I am getting. When I double click to open a file (any type like odt or ods), Open Office loads a window telling me the file is corrupt and if I wish to try to revover it... it can't and then it gives me the "send error report" screen. The truely odd thing is that it does the same thing when I am just trying to open Open Office to make a new document, not opening a file at all.

This started happening only about 4 days ago - it's always worked fine until then. I've uninstalled/reinstalled and still the problem persists. The post above did say something about the graphics driver (I recently updated the ATI drivers to v 6.4) so maybe that's an issue. I intend to reinstall Java JDK too. Any thoughts?
pulsifer
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try deleting any files in the directory "C:\Documents and Settings\<your-username>\Application Data\OpenOffice.org2\user\backup".

Last edited by pulsifer on Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
etr9j

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that did it! Thanks, I didn't realize it had something in Application data.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: