OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Program Feedback section
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mimi_s_mum
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: Program Feedback section Reply with quote

wwwdotcom wrote:
6. Word count is an interesting feature, but if you plan on having this program support foreign languages, how do you plan on counting the Chinese words (characters)? I could really make use of this for Japanese which uses Chinese characters.

It's already there.

Traditionally quantity of written Japanese is measured by counting characters, not by word counting. If you click tool-word count for a Japanese document, you still get word count (which is not always correct), and character count, which is what you'd want to know, say, if you are writing 5000 character essay for your university course.

And no. Don't ask me how Japanese words are counted. I'm not prepared to give you three hour lecture on Japanese grammar. Smile
Curtz
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weird, rude and tasteless (reference to nazis) guy said very clearly that he doesnt want feedback. Why dont you ignore him and give him the desired silence. Answering his post is just ridiculing yourselves.

OOo 2.0.4 on rock solid Windows 2000 (English, SP4)
wwwdotcom
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teme,

[ OO is opensource and I suppose you're always welcome to contribute code to it. That's how opensource world works. If you really want to have something working which is not working currently, you have to start working with it by yourself. Open doesn't really mean "free" as "I don't have to put my time to it to get it working as I want it to work". ]

Actually, if you read http://contributing.openoffice.org/qa.html it states, "If you want to help fix OpenOffice.org bugs, and you are not a programmer, you can still help by joining the QA team." This shows it is not just for programmers.

"The goal of the project is to respond to new issues posted by users as soon as possible as well as clear out the backlog of unconfirmed issues that currently resides in the Issue Tracker database." This shows "new issues posted by users", NEW ISSUES POSTED BY USERS. That's me, a user. I am posting an issue.

If you don't like it, move on. If you don't like how I am doing it, move on. If you want to tell me more of how I have to do it to your liking, I am not going to follow it probably. I am set in my ways. I came here, liked the idea of the program, downloaded it, liked it, went to the boards, liked that as well, and I posted. That's it. I am not going through hoops to try to help out. It's a waste of time. I have come halfway to the board, now I think the programmers would sensibly think the same and meet me halfway to get my input. If they don't, it is their loss not mine. It's not my program, it is theirs. If they want to better it, then they can meet me halfway. Enough said. Next.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
wwwdotcom
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9point9 wrote:

OOo is a community effort, right now you're not acting in any way to help the community. You're just making an ass of yourself.

Are you the spokesperson for the community? Not only do you want to tell me how to post, but you want me to believe that everyone else wants users to contribute new ideas through some drawn out process instead of simply posting here under the heading "SITE FEEDBACK". I think it would help the community to get rid of rules and apply common sense. This may take a while for you to accept, especially if you don't know how to think on your own.

9point9 wrote:

If you did post any of this nonsense where a developer would see it, I know exactly what they'd do, ignore you.

If they want to ignore me, or if they have already that is their choice. I came here to post a suggestion. A good friend online is a programmer, and I have a whole site dedicated to suggestions for his program. He has ignored 95% of those comments and suggestions I have collected since 2001. Sorry, but your insult backfired. Programmers should take the ideas of users and apply the ones they think will help. The rest are ignored. This is to be expected.

I am not here to fight against you, so let's get along instead of telling each other how to type. If you must, then why don't you come here and type for me. That way, any text under this name will be exactly the way you want it.

9point9 wrote:

I think Kaaredyret was right, you should try smoke signals. At least then we wouldn't have to pay attention to you.

Move on if you don't want to address my posts. It's that simple.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
9point9

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://qa.openoffice.org/
As has been said before...

OOoSVN, change control for OOo documents:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ooosvn/
wwwdotcom
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/index.phtml
As has been done before...
Kaaredyret

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore
wwwdotcom
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaaredyret,

You got to be the biggest friggin hypocrite man, ROFL Razz Razz Razz

"...for kind and fast assistance please direct your questions to ---> OOoforum.org <--- " - http://www.kaaredyret.dk/feedback.html

IT'S EVEN ON YOUR SITE AND YOU WANT TO IGNORE ME. YOU DUMB DUMB!!! ROFL Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

(I have not laughed this hard in a while. You are definitely not one of the programmers. I can see it now, LOL)
Dale
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<Sniff> <Sniff>
Can anyone else smell a Troll?
<woof> <woof> <grrr>

OOo documentation from the source
http://documentation.openoffice.org
Guides, FAQ, How Tos
wwwdotcom
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale,

Who are you calling a troll? Someone who sincerely started a thread to suggest new ideas or the people that attack the invidual's choice of where they posted while having a webpage on their site referring one to the very same location where the suggestions were posted?

If you are going to tell people to post in location A, and they post there, don't be suprised if they do.

It always boils down to this. Someone makes a comment, one member of the group doesn't like it so they insult the individual, and then through association another person like you posts the word "troll". It is like the N word, making the individual feel like their comments are not worth anything.

Well, F you buddy. I made my comments with the sincerest intentions that they would either be rejected (silently) or commented on. I didn't post so that you can call me troll or others can play hypocrite.

Last edited by wwwdotcom on Thu May 11, 2006 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Curtz
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it so hard for you guys to ignore him? Troll or not, ignore him.
9point9

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale wrote:
<Sniff> <Sniff>
Can anyone else smell a Troll?
<woof> <woof> <grrr>

Get him Dale!

Seriously though...

OOoSVN, change control for OOo documents:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ooosvn/
wwwdotcom
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I cared enough to post my suggestions. Some places are accepting, others behave in the manner you are. It seems like the farther you get from the programmer, the worse you are treated.
Curtz
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He heard quiet steps behind him. That didn't bode well. Who could be following him this late at night and in this deadbeat part of town? And at this particular moment, just after he pulled off the big time and was making off with the greenbacks. Was there another crook who'd had the same idea, and was now watching him and waiting for a chance to grab the fruit of his labor? Or did the steps behind him mean that one of many law officers in town was on to him and just waiting to pounce and snap those cuffs on his wrists? He nervously looked all around. Suddenly he saw the alley. Like lightning he darted off to the left and disappeared between the two warehouses almost falling over the trash can lying in the middle of the sidewalk. He tried to nervously tap his way along in the inky darkness and suddenly stiffened: it was a dead-end, he would have to go back the way he had come. The steps got louder and louder, he saw the black outline of a figure coming around the corner. Is this the end of the line? he thought pressing himself back against the wall trying to make himself invisible in the dark, was all that planning and energy wasted? He was dripping with sweat now, cold and wet, he could smell the fear coming off his clothes. Suddenly next to him, with a barely noticeable squeak, a door swung quietly to and fro in the night's breeze. Could this be the haven he'd prayed for? Slowly he slid toward the door, pressing himself more and more into the wall, into the dark, away from his enemy. Would this door save his hide?
wwwdotcom
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curtz,

After telling everyone else to ignore, you too are joining the hypocrite clan. Just couldn't resist attacking the messenger and not the message?

I am curious where you go from here. After insulting a new user and member of a group, not addressing their posts, and after finding out you can't control them the way you like, what else is there to do?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: