OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

File Sharing Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nitin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: File Sharing Problem Reply with quote

Hello,

I want to share my file,but I could not do it.

Please tell me how I share my file
n0mer
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: File Sharing Problem Reply with quote

Nitin wrote:
I want to share my file,but I could not do it.

Try to place your file on WebDAV folder.
Nitin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: What is WebDAV ???????????????? Reply with quote

What is WebDAV ????????????????
9point9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly are you trying to share and where is it? Who are you trying to share it with?

It's always worth looking for a description rather than asking:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webdav

OOoSVN, change control for OOo documents:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ooosvn/
Nitin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: share one spreadsheet file Reply with quote

Hello,

We want share one spreadsheet file in network,so 4-5 people work on same spreadsheet

Thanks

Nitin
n0mer
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: share one spreadsheet file Reply with quote

Nitin wrote:
Hello,
We want share one spreadsheet file in network,so 4-5 people work on same spreadsheet
Thanks
Nitin

For Writer, you can read Chapter 3, "Working with text": Tracking changes to a document.
p.68 of OOo2.0 Writer Guide
(compiled 6-Mar-2006; most chapters published in 2005)
Available at http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/

Quote:

Tracking changes to a document...............................................................................................68
Preparing a document for review..........................................................................................69
Recording changes................................................................................................................69
Inserting notes.......................................................................................................................70
Accepting or rejecting changes and comments....................................................................71
Merging modified documents...............................................................................................72
Comparing documents..........................................................................................................73

I suppose the same funtionality can be available for calc too.
n0mer
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: share one spreadsheet file Reply with quote

Nitin wrote:
Hello,

Thanks

Nitin

Another option is to place your document on some version control system (VCS)
and instantly checkout/commit. The main and freshest source of your spreadsheet will always available in VCS.

I do not know whether OpenOffice.org supports CVS/SVN or any other versioning system.
Try to store your file in webdav folder and merge it every time document changes.
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9point9 wrote:
What exactly are you trying to share and where is it? Who are you trying to share it with?

It's always worth looking for a description rather than asking:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webdav

Or .... It is a way to connect to an external server. It can be used instead of FTP to transfer files back and forth from your computer to another, as in keeping and editing an external website.

David.
n0mer
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Or .... It is a way to connect to an external server. It can be used instead of FTP to transfer files back and forth from your computer to another, as in keeping and editing an external website.
David.

WebDAV can be like a "write" extension to HTTP protocol Smile

Last edited by n0mer on Wed May 10, 2006 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
n0mer
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: share one spreadsheet file Reply with quote

Nitin wrote:

Excerpt from OOo Writer's guide, Chapter 13 "Working with Master Documents":
Quote:

Why use a master document?
Master documents are typically used for producing long documents such as a book, a thesis, or a long report. A master document is especially useful when graphics, spreadsheets, or other material causes the file size to become quite large. Master documents are also used when different people are writing different chapters or other parts of the full document, so you donít need to share files. A master document joins separate text documents into one larger document, and unifies the formatting, table of contents (ToC), bibliography, and other tables or lists.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: