OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Long text in cells

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wwwdotcom
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Long text in cells Reply with quote

I am making a vocabulary list/chart, and I want to add example sentences with each word or sets of words.

I started off using an html editor, but I am finding that I get more control over cells in a spreadsheet than with tables in Writer or NVU. The only problem now is that when I try to add a sentence, it obviously scrolls down word by word instead of going across.

Is there a way to set a cell to "wrap" to the end of the page with multilines if needed? I have already tried to merge cells, but when I go to insert a column later it tells me it can't add a column while there are merged cells.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
carl
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you leave Automatic Line Break (in Format / cell / alighnment ) UNchecked your cell content wil spill over the right edge of the cell until it meets a cell with content.
wwwdotcom
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my version, there is no "Automatic Line Break" under alignment. I have Text Alignment, Orientation, and the only 3 things which can be checked are Wrap text automatically, Hyphenation active, and Shrink to fit cell size.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: