OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Sometimes black video!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hgnet
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Sometimes black video! Reply with quote

Dear users!

It seems to me, that there is a bug with showing videos:

When I insert a .avi file via Insert-->"Video and sounds" (I tried to translate the menu items from my german version) and start the presentation, when I come to the slide which contains the video, the viedo plays sometimes corrently and sometimes the screen remains black, but the music of the video runs. When I go back and forward again one slide, than the video sometimes shows correctly, again.

Can someone confirm this behaviour?

Hg >/(
tjuii
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you can sometimes get it to work properly. I am having a similar problem with inserting/playing avi's in my presentation. When I advance to a slide with a movie the movie starts to play but goes black after the first couple frames (out of 100+ frames). I don't have sound for my movies so I can't confirm the sound still going like in your movies. I have two problems with this that I need solved:

1) how can I get my movies to play all the way through without going black.
2) I want my movies to run ONLY when I click on them, not automatically. I tried using the custom interaction options but nothing worked. Either it didn't affect it, or it stopped the movie from playing at all.

I also tried (again through the interactions) to have the windows media player open when I clicked on the movie, but that doesn't work. Nothing opens and the movie doesn't play.

Anybody have movies (avi's) working in your presentations? How'd you do it?

BTW, I'm using OOo 2.0.2 on a Dell latitude D810 (2.2 GHz Pentium M).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: