OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Subforms for multiple entries with drop down selection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dirt
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Subforms for multiple entries with drop down selection Reply with quote

I have created a database that has several tables - some of these are simply category selections and two or more apply to every entry. The table structure is like a library, a table of authors, a table of genres, a table of publishers, a table of book titles and a table of ideas for each book title.

So, the main table is the book titles, it contains links to authors, genres, publishers, etc. I have a form that uses drop downs for inputting all these into the book titles table. What I want to do is to add a sub form that allows input of multiple ideas into each book title table, linked to the book title. I would also like to add one field in the sub form that requires a drop down selection from another table, linked to the ideas, not to the book title.

I can create the main form with a sub form - using a tabular sub form I can type multiple entries into the sub form. I would like to be able to have an independant sub form that is triggered by the main form (and therefore linked by book title field) that allows the same functionality as the main form. I can do this in Access at work but cannot figure out how to do this on OO2 at home...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

D
Dirt
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Got it! Next problem - calc sheet as data entry front end Reply with quote

I have to say, I found the answer I was looking for in another post that dealt with nearly the same topic. So, despite the fact that I did not get any direct replies (possibly due to a lack of clarity with my original post...) I have the solution to my problem.

Next problem, does anyone have a set of instructions for using a Calc sheet as a data entry form for a Base database?
MSPhobe
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies if what you wanted was a little more than you'll find at.....

http://sheepdogguides.com/fdb/fdb1imp1.htm

... but there's information there about moving data from an ooCalc sheet into an ooBase table.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: