OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Low tech question, I'm sure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madams

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Low tech question, I'm sure Reply with quote

I have a simple one or two page document that I want to add some scanned, not OCR'd, supporting documentation at the the end. I've recorded a macro that goes to the end of the doc (Ctrl-End), inserts a page break then starts my scanner program.

Everything works fine as the newly scanned doc is placed on the next page. The problem is the macro ends and the newly scanned page has the green handles boxes around it. I need the macro to somehow get rid of the handles without an extra click so the assigned keyboard shortcut can be started again to add more pages. How would I do that?

I'm writing this app for others to use so it needs to be easy. I hope I've explained this well enough for you to understand.

Thanks,

Mike
9point9

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The green handles sound like anchor points for the scan that you are inserting. They won't show up upon printing.

OOoSVN, change control for OOo documents:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ooosvn/
madams

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Low tech question, I'm sure Reply with quote

9point9 wrote:
The green handles sound like anchor points for the scan that you are inserting. They won't show up upon printing.

Thanks for the reply 9point9 but wasn't what I was trying to explain. I'll try again, maybe better this time.

I want to scan more than one page into the doc. After the first scan the anchor points appear. After the first scan I want the user to be able use the keyboard short cut, in this case CTL+Shift+C to start a new scan at the end of the doc. If the scan is started with the anchor points still visible the new scan is placed on top of the existing scan rather than a new page. So my question is, after a scan how do I take focus off of the anchor points without requiring the user to click off the scanned image

There is probably a more elegant solution in VB of which I don't know.

Thanks for any help

Mike
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the scan record a press of the Escape key which will put the cursor just below the scanned item then decide what you may want after that like a new page.
patb
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I suspect the answer is really simple. Something like:
Quote:
thisComponent.getCurrentController.getViewCursor.collapseToEnd
But please show us your recorded macro. Cheers, Pat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: