OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Can't open some old calc files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gemi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Can't open some old calc files Reply with quote

When I tried to open some older calc document with the hungarian openoffice, the program loaded and closed automaticly without error messages.Then I tried to use the english version of oo, and then I got crashrep error message . After I installed the openoffice to another computer and there the file opened correctly, so I saved it with this computer, then copied back to my computer and wow the document succesfully opened.
What sould I do, because I don't want to carry all of my calc file to other computer to repair the files.(I thik some files need to be corrected which is not part of oo, but I don't know which files)
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Can't open some old calc files Reply with quote

gemi wrote:
When I tried to open some older calc document with the hungarian openoffice, the program loaded and closed automaticly without error messages.Then I tried to use the english version of oo, and then I got crashrep error message .

Which OOo version? 1.1.5 or 2.0.2? Did you try both on your PC? Sometimes it helps to try both of them.
Which operating system?

With kind regards
hol.sten
gemi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for asking, but files are .ODS files and they was created with oo 2.0 -2.02 and the operation system is w98. So I can't use oo 1.x version, but I will try the 2.0.
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gemi wrote:
Thanks for asking, but files are .ODS files and they was created with oo 2.0 -2.02 and the operation system is w98. So I can't use oo 1.x version, but I will try the 2.0.

Wrong! OOo 1.1.5 can open ODS. Give it a try.

With kind regards
hol.sten
gemi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the fast reply.

I tried both the oo 1.1.5 and the oo 2.01 version and the result was the same, they are unable to open these files. In the english version of oo an error dialog appear about crashrep.exe and kernel32.dll.
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gemi wrote:
I tried both the oo 1.1.5 and the oo 2.01 version and the result was the same, they are unable to open these files.

Because both versions of OOo didn't help, I would unpack the file and take a closer look at the contained XML files with Firefox. Just to ensure that the XML structure is not corrupted. If the XML file is corrupted, Firefox will tell you where the error is located. If the XML file is valid, no error occurs.

With kind regards
hol.sten
noranthon
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the files are opening correctly on another computer, do you have the same operating system on the other computer? Are you using the same version of OOo on both computers?

There could be a problem with the software since the files can be opened on one computer.
gemi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The operation system and the oo version on other computer is the same as on mine.
I extracted the ods file and there was an error with the manifest.xml file, so I replaced it with from a correct one,and repacked with zip (I hope zip is the correct packer). During the open this file the program can't recover the file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: