OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Export as PDF Settings Dialog Box/Window is not appearing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luddite1812
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Export as PDF Settings Dialog Box/Window is not appearing Reply with quote

I was wonder why does the "Export as PDF" Settings Dialog Box/Window does not appear?

When I first used Open Office a few times, there were export settings available for PDF output. But mysterious they have gone. Now it just saves them directly. I want to be able to set attributes for exporting PDF files again.

How do I access the "Export as PDF" Settings Dialog Box/Window?
Wolfwood

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem - I was supposed to export my doctoral thesis into pdf for printing purposes, but I cannot access the dialog box to remove the underlines from under the the table of contents (which now appear as underlined links in the PDF).

I suppose the dialog would have an option to turn off embedded links.
helmerj
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: Export as PDF Settings Dialog Box/Window is not appearin Reply with quote

luddite1812 wrote:
I was wonder why does the "Export as PDF" Settings Dialog Box/Window does not appear?

When I first used Open Office a few times, there were export settings available for PDF output. But mysterious they have gone. Now it just saves them directly. I want to be able to set attributes for exporting PDF files again.

How do I access the "Export as PDF" Settings Dialog Box/Window?

Hi!

The settings window is only shown when you choose

File > Export as PDF

If you choose to click the pdf export icon in the tool ]bar, the document will be exported directly using the same settings of the last File > Export as PDF.

Hope this helps.

Juergen
luddite1812
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect there is a defect or bug as when I do this with the menu:

Quote:
"File > Export as PDF"

It has the same effect as

Quote:
"If you choose to click the pdf export icon in the tool ]bar, the document will be exported directly using the same settings of the last File > Export as PDF. "

The point I am highlighting is that the settings box as disappeared and I dunno where to get it back.
BillP
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luddite1812 wrote:
I suspect there is a defect or bug as when I do this with the menu:

Quote:
"File > Export as PDF"

It has the same effect as

Quote:
"If you choose to click the pdf export icon in the tool ]bar, the document will be exported directly using the same settings of the last File > Export as PDF. "

The point I am highlighting is that the settings box as disappeared and I dunno where to get it back.

The initial effect in both cases is the appearance of the Export window. Did you enter a file name on the Export window and click Save? The PDF Options appears only after clicking Save.
Wolfwood

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No options window appear when you click on "Save". It just saves the PDF...
Wolfwood

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to think of it: There doesn't happen to be a tick box in that Export window to the effect of "never show this window again"?

That would be bad... Confused
jeanweber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copy of OOo (2.0.3 on WinXP) has the PDF Options box, just as it has always had, although in 2.0.3 there are a lot more options than in earlier 2.0.x versions, and the whole thing is very different from OOo 1.1.x. I have no idea what might have caused your copy to lose this dialog box. You may have to do a repair or reinstall.

There is no "never show this again" checkbox, though (like there is in mail merge).

To Wolfwood, who wrote:
Quote:
I cannot access the dialog box to remove the underlines from under the table of contents (which now appear as underlined links in the PDF). I suppose the dialog would have an option to turn off embedded links.

No, it does not have that option. The only way I know to turn off the underlines/links is to make that change in the table of contents itself. Do you need the ToC to have active links for some other purpose? If not, go to the Entries tab of the Insert Index/Table dialog and remove the hyperlinks. (You can always put them back later.)
Wolfwood

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeanweber wrote:
To Wolfwood, who wrote:
Quote:
I cannot access the dialog box to remove the underlines from under the table of contents (which now appear as underlined links in the PDF). I suppose the dialog would have an option to turn off embedded links.

No, it does not have that option. The only way I know to turn off the underlines/links is to make that change in the table of contents itself. Do you need the ToC to have active links for some other purpose? If not, go to the Entries tab of the Insert Index/Table dialog and remove the hyperlinks. (You can always put them back later.)

Thank you! That solved it for me, although I think I'll do a reinstall to get that dialog box back as well...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: