OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Help Creating Charts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Help Creating Charts Reply with quote

Hi, ok I've got a spreadsheet that creates charts for required horse power for appropriate discharge pressure based on rpm.

The spreadsheet was initially created in excel and then when opened in OpenOffice they lose the additional data sets

see the attached files ....

This is what it is supposed to look like:

Here is the original file:

http://www.thundercity.ca/matt/spreadsheet.xls

What I'm trying to do is figure out how to plot HP Required For Dischargepressure for each of the designated RPMs

2000 RPM Requires 40 Horsepower for a discharge pressure of 150
1600 RPM requires 32 Horsepower for a discharge pressure of 150

etc.

Any ideas? the whole graph/chart wizard is throwing me for a loop
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Help Creating Charts Reply with quote

soop wrote:
Hi, ok I've got a spreadsheet that creates charts for required horse power for appropriate discharge pressure based on rpm.

The spreadsheet was initially created in excel and then when opened in OpenOffice they lose the additional data sets

see the attached files ....

This is what it is supposed to look like:

What I'm trying to do is figure out how to plot HP Required For Dischargepressure for each of the designated RPMs

2000 RPM Requires 40 Horsepower for a discharge pressure of 150
1600 RPM requires 32 Horsepower for a discharge pressure of 150

etc.

Any ideas? the whole graph/chart wizard is throwing me for a loop

I am not sure what you want here. This is partly due to the fact that for some reason your message is blown up to some unreasonalble size on my machine. I think it is my problem not yours.

Otherwise when I look at the Excel file I don't see any those multiple line graphs. Just what is diappearing? Are you trying to graph a number of Discharge Presssure curves? That is, you want a line fore 150 , one for 250 etc on the same graph?

If so, it is a bugger to do in Calc given the way your data is arranged. To do it properly I think you would have to have the rpms as your leftmost column and the hp's arranged by DP giving you something like:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: