OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

please,help me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hongcheng_guo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: please,help me Reply with quote

I use OpenOffice.org in a java-web program.I must be sure to have OpenOffice.org always listening on port 8100 before starting the web program. How to do it?

Looking forward to the answer ,thank you !!!
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: please,help me Reply with quote

hongcheng_guo wrote:
I use OpenOffice.org in a java-web program.I must be sure to have OpenOffice.org always listening on port 8100 before starting the web program. How to do it?

You never can be sure of an always listening OOo! Never. If you use OOo for some time for example to generate PDF documents, it tends to crash. That has been reported manifold in this form. Regardless of the programming language you use to work with OOo.

To get around this problem, my Java application always checks to ensure that OOo is running. If my Java application stumbles over an exception during working with OOo it first tries to kill OOo through usage of a script called from Runtime.exec() and then restart OOo again using another script called from Runtime.exec().

With kind regards
hol.sten
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: